Every city has different needs, which makes it a challenge to replicate others and develop a comprehensive strategy for smart cities.
A report by Microsoft and IDC shows five stages that cities must go through to become an advanced smart city.
These five steps can guide city leaders to develop a strategy for their city’s growth, enabled by technology.
- Pilot projects to test new ways to use technology
- Use data analytics to improve existing services or create new ones
- Streamline critical processes to get deeper insights from data
- Use digital services to improve transparency and citizens’ participation
- Build city-wide connected infrastructure and make services more predictable
If you would like to know more about develop a smart city strategy, download the full report below.