The millennial generation now makes up the largest segment of the global workforce. They are taking over the baby boomers in leadership roles across the world – and the healthcare industry is no exception.
The rising demand for healthcare professionals is also increasing turnover rates. Hiring managers need to understand how to attract and retain talent from this new generation that will eventually be shaping the future of healthcare.
Leading academics and hospital leaders from across the Asia Pacific will be discussing about developing leaders within the organisation during the Talent Management Stream at Hospital Management Asia on 11-12 September 2019.
Current confirmed speakers and moderator in this track include:
- Dr. Herbert Staehr, Global Head – Transforming Care Delivery, Siemens Healthineers
- Prof. Rene Domingo, Professor, Asian Institute of Management (Philippines)
- Dr S Narayani, Zonal Director (Mumbai), Fortis Healthcare (India)
- Prof. Anupam Sibal, Group Medical Director and Senior Pediatrician, Apollo Hospital Group (India)
- Prof. Dr. Nasronudin, Dr., SpPD., KPTI., FINASIM, President, Indonesian State University Hospital Association / Director, Universitas Airlangga Hospital (Indonesia)
- Prof. Dr. Mario A. Pfannstiel, Professor of Business Management in Healthcare, Faculty of Healthcare Management, University of Applied Sciences Neu-Ulm (Germany)
- Mr. John Punnoose, Chief Executive Officer, Muthoot Healthcare (India)
- Moderator: Dr. Koh Hau Tek, General Manager, Raffles Medical China, Raffles Medical Group (China)
Plugging skills gaps in healthcare
Topics that will be discussed during this track include closing the gap in staff shortage; talent recruitment and retaining staff; succession planning for healthcare leaders from within the organisation; and leveraging on the younger generation of staff for technology adoption in the hospital.
Do you have initiatives that help to address manpower challenges in your hospital? Are you investing in your people to develop skills and fulfill their leadership potential? Share your projects with us and participate in the Asian Hospital Management Awards for a chance to be recognised for your efforts in talent development.
If you have already registered for Hospital Management Asia 2019, you will be entitled to TWO free entries (each worth 70 USD). We are accepting submissions till our final deadline on 31 May 2019, 2359h (Singapore Time).
All winning hospitals will be revealed during a night of celebration at the Gala Night at Hospital Management Asia 2019, on 12 September 2019 in Hanoi, Vietnam. More information about the awards can be found here.
Download the latest agenda by filling out the form below: