Five steps to build safer communities
Whitepaper shows how geospatial forms the common platform across multiple stakeholders in an emergency.
A whitepaper by geospatial company Esri provides five key steps governments should consider when preparing for emergency response:
- Identify vulnerabilities and mitigate potential impacts thorough risk assessment and planning
- Collaborate seamlessly with other agencies to achieve unity of effort before, during, after a crisis
- Intelligently deploy staff and resources to quickly respond to and recover from complex emergencies
- Communicate with and engage citizens and the private sector to keep them informed
- Institutionalise data-driven decision making and take advantage of big data as well as other fragmented sources of information
To learn more about how governments can build safer communities, download the full whitepaper below.